Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Latacunga y Saquisilí

I FINALLY made it to a livestock market! They start and end so early, I had always just missed or slept through them! It was everything I hoped it would be, so many animals, so much fun! I took a short overnight trip to the nearby cities of Latacunga and Saquisilí, stopping in Latacunga on the way to transfer buses and photograph a bit. I got up bright and early in the morning after spending the night in Saquisilí, ready for a fun filled day of photos, animals and friends!









View from my hotel room balcony in Saquisilí.




Cotopaxi in the background. The worlds tallest active volcano! I hadn't seen it in months until this evening. I am glad it showed it's face!

I was in for a surprise when I learned that the Thursday market in Saquisilí actually began on Wednesday afternoon and went late into the night, only to start again on Thursday morning!
I love me some juice.
Slanging chicken innards by the moon light!


The cow section of the livestock market! I almost got trampled by many a cow.






Chanchos! I'm in love. I will have one one day, and NOT FOR EATING.

This guy smudged poo all over my lens.
Piggy Love. I want to make this a greeting card! A love greeting card!
Probably my favorite image from the outing. They had the biggest pigs and the biggest fistfuls of cash that I saw.










This guy sold pigs and owned a night club. Fascinating combo!

These people were way adorable and nice.


Probably my second favorite image.... she was darling.












Lady hand making knifes with a hacksaw. Bad assed.
Slanging chickens!
Couple from the jungle. They were selling natural remedies, and he gave me an awesome CD of him and a few others singing with jungle noises.








No comments:

Post a Comment