Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lago Quilotoa y Zumbahua

Probably one of the most beautiful places I have been in the world, a few short weeks ago Quilotoa stole my heart. A volcanic crater lake situated high in the Andes, this lake was formed about 800 years ago after the now inactive volcano exploded. The minerals found in the earth here give it it's beautiful color. I turn into the biggest hippie when in places like these. I am totally in love with the Earth.

We got into town late on Friday only to discover the closest town of Zumbahua has their weekly market on Saturday. Added bonus! We tried to get there for the livestock market, but those darn things end so early! Until today I have always slept through them... (I am getting a few blogs ahead of myself here!) Here are a few resulting images of the place in all of it's beauty! I have a few panos I am working on, I just don't have the patience for photoshop these days!

This needs a lot of work, but like I said. Photoshop holds my interest for 2 seconds lately.
At the market in Zumbahua. We missed the livestock market, but it's evidence was all over.

Precious lady with her brand new chancho!



Chicken piles pretty much rock.


Thanks guy for my peacock feather! And the ride back up the mountain!
Sell me some pirated stuff!











The place is so magical. It drastically changes along with the light. A photographer's dream.
My ode to our shoes.

Goro gets all hippie in the nature too! Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment