Friday, January 22, 2010

Hey Slacker!!! Need a hand with that!?!

Hi all! I know I have not posted anything in quite sometime. You see I have a kind of good reason. As most of you know, on New Years eve at about 5:30/6 in the morning, I decided to try and blow my hand off with an intense local firework called a papa. It was about the equivalent of a quarter stick of dynamite, and it blew up close to me. I lit the fuse and threw it right away, and good thing I got rid of it before it exploded. Because of that, I got super lucky and kept all my digits and even better, my hand. When it happened, I was stoked to have all the time to catch up on photo work, but as the days flew by, all my motivation to do stuff flew alongside of them. Slowly but surely, as my hand healed, so did my laziness. This week I have been back in action, editing photos, backing things up, and I even went out and shot for the first time since the accident on Tuesday. Now that I am sufficiently caught up, I look forward to getting back out there and capturing more images of the world around me. Simultaneously, I got my last bandage off today, and begin physical therapy to work on bending my fingers in a week. The following images are from New Years and the day before the holiday. I consider Ecuadorian New Years to be a pleasant mixture of New Years (duh, obviously), Halloween, and the 4th of July. It combines all my favorite elements from each of these holidays in one tightly wrapped present. It contains the drunken camaraderie of New Years with the costumes of Halloween and throws a few explosives on top! This is also forgetting to mention the huge metal show held in the south of the city every New Years eve!!! All in all, a super celebration! Even if it ended up with me almost losing an appendage.

No comments:

Post a Comment